Accessing this Site and Account Security.
- By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are 16 years or older. If you are under the age of 16 years, you agree not to visit the Site.
- The GIIN reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
- To access the Site or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Site that all the information you provide on the Site is correct, current, and complete.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. You agree to immediately notify the GIIN of any unauthorized use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local and international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- To gather or attempt to gather personal information belonging to members, users, or member organizations for the purposes of spamming, marketing, selling to third parties, or otherwise sharing beyond the reasonable uses of the Site;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the GIIN or a GIIN employee, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of names or email addresses associated with any of the foregoing); or
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm the GIIN or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
- Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without the prior written consent of the GIIN;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site, the server on which any part of the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site;
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- Access or search or attempt to access or search the Site by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces provided by the GIIN; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Intellectual Property Rights.
- The Site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the GIIN, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. “Global Impact Investing Network”, “GIIN”, and “IRIS+”, and each of their logos as well as any other proprietary marks and logos owned by GIIN but not named here are trademarks of the GIIN. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the GIIN. All other trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
- You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Site;
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Site.
- You must not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes any part of the Site, access to the Site or use of the Site or any services or materials available through the Site.
User-Provided Information –.
- In addition to the foregoing, all User-Provided Information must comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User-Provided Information must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person; Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising; and
- Give the impression that they emanate from us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
You acknowledge that your participation in or use of the Site does not exempt you from compliance with any applicable obligations under U.S. federal or state securities laws or the securities laws of any other jurisdiction, including without limitation compliance with any applicable requirements of section 5 of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), or Regulation D thereunder, in connection with any offer or sale of securities you may make to any user or third party. You further acknowledge that participation in the Site does not provide any basis for you to make a determination as to a user's or third party's accreditation or sophistication, and any such determination made by you must be independent of any facts related to or arising out of information on the Site.
Site content does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest and is not intended for trading purposes. Users should consult with their own investment, accounting, legal and tax advisers to evaluate independently the risks, consequences and suitability of any investment made by them. Should you determine independently to make investments of any kind in any listed fund of any other user, you agree that you will not do so for a period of 30 days following receipt of your password (other than a fund in which you, your firm, or its affiliates already invest, has already been solicited for or is already actively considering an investment in).
Monitoring and Enforcement.
- The GIIN has the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any user provided information for any or no reason in our sole discretion;
- Disclose your identity to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site; and
- Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE GIIN AND HOLD THE GIIN HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE GIIN DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE GIIN OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
- However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. The GIIN assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. The GIIN has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
Reliance on Information Posted.
- The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. The GIIN does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- The Site may contain estimates, projections or other statements that are forward looking in nature (“Forward Looking Statements”). Any such Forward Looking Statements are inherently speculative and subject to numerous risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance may be significantly different from historical experience and present expectations or projections. The GIIN undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any Forward Looking Statements.
Not Investment Advice or an Offer to Invest; Certain Related Restrictions.
The content of the Site does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest and is not intended for trading purposes. Users need to consult with their own investment, accounting, legal and tax advisers to evaluate independently the risks, consequences and suitability of any investment made by them.
Changes to the Site.
We may update this website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material provided by the Site may be out of date at any given time, and the GIIN is under no obligation to update such material. We may change the Site at any time with or without notice. We may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely.
Information About You and Your Use of the Site.
Linking to the Site.
- You may link to the GIIN’s homepage or other pages owned or operated by the GIIN, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links from the Site.
If the Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. The GIIN has no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The Site is operated by the GIIN from its offices within the State of New York in the United States of America. You may not use or export the Site content in violation of applicable export laws and regulations. Site content is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject the GIIN to any registration or other requirement within such jurisdiction or country. The GIIN reserves the right to limit access or availability of the Site to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
- You understand that the GIIN cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE GIIN NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE GIIN MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE GIIN NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE GIIN REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
- THE GIIN HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE GIIN, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT OF THE SITE OR SUCH WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORSEEABLE.
- THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Time to File Claims.
Waiver and Severability.
Your Comments and Concerns.
- The Site is operated by the Global Impact Investing Network, located at One Battery Park Plaza, Suite 202 | New York, NY, 10004.
- If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the GIIN’s Copyright Agent the following information in writing, as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512 (“DMCA”):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the GIIN to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the GIIN to contact you, including at least your name, address and telephone number.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached as follows:
Jessica Rose, Chief Financial Officer and/or
Amit Bouri, Chief Executive Officer
Global Impact Investing Network
One Battery Park Plaza, Suite 202
New York, NY 10004
- All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our Site.